Why Hearing Protection Is So Important
One of the most common types of hearing loss is noise-induced hearing loss, or NIHL. Repeated exposure to sound levels above 85 decibels (dB; about the sound of a blender) can cause permanent, irreparable hearing loss.
Putting that in perspective, loud music, either live or through headphones, is particularly dangerous, with sound intensity reaching 100 dB (the sound of a jackhammer). This is where hearing protection comes in.
Custom Hearing Protection Products
NIHL happens in all situations, from concerts to sports, from work to personal life. The best kind of hearing protection for you will depend on your lifestyle. There are different styles of hearing protection depending on what you need. We offer protection for:
- Hunters and shooters
- Concert and sporting event enthusiasts
- Listening to music through your personal player
Custom vs. Generic Products
Custom-molded earplugs offer a degree of comfort and sound protection that you will not find in generic earplugs.
Benefits of custom protection:
- Custom fit helps keep your hearing protection secure and in place
- You hear a full range of sounds — just at a reduced volume
- The sound of your voice doesn’t reverberate in your ears like it does with most earplugs
- The precision-engineered filters provide specific, measurable protection with the most natural sound available
- Medical-grade silicone provides comfort, even when worn for extended periods
- Several models offer replaceable sound filters — select the level of protection you need for the situation
Make an appointment with us to learn how our comfortable, effective hearing protection can not only help safeguard your hearing, but can also enhance your experience.